arc fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
doing my first new construction job with arc fault requirements. where can I go to find out about all the problems I'm going to encounter? LOL. will have a lota of recessed lighting. Thanks for any tips .

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
doing my first new construction job with arc fault requirements. where can I go to find out about all the problems I'm going to encounter? LOL. will have a lota of recessed lighting. Thanks for any tips .

Since you are saying new construction with arc faults, is this standard residential with romex? Or Assisted living or similar with conduit or M/C cable?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If everything is wired correctly you should not have problems, however there have been instances with Halo cans that have caused problems with afci. In particular is the H99ICT cans. I am thinking that Hlo has addressed this issue since it been a few years since the initial problems occurred.

Thanks Dennis,
Hope ur right cause I m putting in about 50 Halo H99ICT fixtures. There in already would hate to eat that .Thanks again

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Thanks Dennis,
Hope ur right cause I m putting in about 50 Halo H99ICT fixtures. There in already would hate to eat that .Thanks again
I had more trouble with the compact fluorescent lights in the h99 cans. They did not like them. If you screwed them in too far it would short out-- I do hope they fixed it also.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
if ALL of the connections are done right and if the NM cable is installed properly without any damage, then you won't have any trouble with the AFCI.

Except one or two occasions, I have always installed JUNO, IMO it seems a better constructed material than the other ones and never had any trouble with JUNO.

Just go to the search on this site.

I believe the best location is right here. There are more experienced individuals with practical experience, and no bias towards a particular manufacturer, than any other location on the web. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.