Cable Tray useage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the vacuum hose pipes be run inside a cable tray carrying low voltage cables with a seperator in between? Please mention the NEC code section ref.

Thanks,

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Maybe. Are the low voltage cables in the tray covered by Article 725? If so 300.8 does not apply. See 725.3.

dicklaxt

Don how are you interpreting 300.8 such that it does not include cables mentioned in your reference to 725.3?

I'm not trying to be contrary but I read 300.8 to be all inclusive.

dick

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Dick,
I am not interpreting 300.8 to say that it doesn't apply to Article 725. Article 725 says says that 300.8 does not apply to Article 725 installations.
725.3 Other Articles.
Circuits and equipment shall comply with the articles or sections listed in 725.3(A) through (G). Only those sections of Article 300 referenced in this article shall apply to Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3 circuits.
300.8 is not referenced in Article 725. 90.3 permits the rules in Chapter 7 to modify the rules in Chapters 1-4. This is a modification of a Chapter 3 rule.

dicklaxt

Thanks for the awakening and thats exactly what it says and that cannot be misinterpreted.Live and learn they say,,,thanks again.

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.