Bus Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
There is an new section of switchgear being attached to the extg. gear. The pic looks like it is gogin to be a bus tie. Couls someone explain how that is done? IS the copper bus bolted together. From the drawing it looks different than that a little. Alamost like cable tying them together. Yes I could ask someone in the office who was NOT an electricain so I would rather go to the experts first and kinda look like I know what I am talking about when i go back to the person I am helping

THANKS.

sparky=t

drawing is just symbolic in nature, could be taps or bolted buss, looks like a site survey, hope you have an accessment and ppe!:grin:

DavidA

I would guess bus tie. The bus from the existing will bolt to the bussing of the new section with a bus kit from the manufacturer. Best bet would be to get the cut sheets for both sections and contact the manufacture for kit part numbers etc.

ohmhead

There is an new section of switchgear being attached to the extg. gear. The pic looks like it is gogin to be a bus tie. Couls someone explain how that is done? IS the copper bus bolted together. From the drawing it looks different than that a little. Alamost like cable tying them together. Yes I could ask someone in the office who was NOT an electricain so I would rather go to the experts first and kinda look like I know what I am talking about when i go back to the person I am helping

THANKS.

Give me more of a photo ! The whole switch board and the rest of the added section .

Status
Not open for further replies.