Written in code book..

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireguy8169

I am pretty sure in ME the only thing I can take into the exam is a code book, I have writting in mine, inside the covers mostly just transposed calculations so while taking my code class I only had to open one book mostly. Anyone know if that is allowed when taking liscensing exams the website does not address this specifically

nakulak

I would call them and find out. I had to buy a codebook just for taking exam because that was not allowed here in Md.

wireguy8169

Well thats nice can bring in the code book and it can have anything written in it that I like as long as its on the pages and not on a seperate piece of paper. Funny I called this place half a dozen times and never got anyone or a return call this time I got a real live human :grin:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I am pretty sure in ME the only thing I can take into the exam is a code book, I have writting in mine, inside the covers mostly just transposed calculations so while taking my code class I only had to open one book mostly. Anyone know if that is allowed when taking liscensing exams the website does not address this specifically

If its in the code book on the blank pages it should not be a problem.
Will they let you use the loose leef code book you could add afew pages:grin:

Yes you can absolutely have writing in your code book, margins , blank pages, can not have any loose pages or additional pages attached. Also you can not write in your code book during the test.

M_J_C

Test taking rules

Test taking rules

Look here on page 8: http://www.state.me.us/pfr/professi...df/ElectricalCandidateInformationBulletin.pdf

No handbooks, highlighting & tabs OK, but no handwritten notes.

Pretty much the same as I experienced here in Fl, but I have heard of some proctors that did not look at the reference books, so its a gamble.

wireguy8169

Thanks

Thanks

MJC, thanks funny I finally got the guy at my local testing center and he said that I can write in my code book like if I have ohms law or whatever as long as I do not have any loose pages. I am going to call again, I hate to buy another code book for just the test.

thanks again

M_J_C

Picking on Mike Holt?

Picking on Mike Holt?

MJC, thanks funny I finally got the guy at my local testing center and he said that I can write in my code book like if I have ohms law or whatever as long as I do not have any loose pages. I am going to call again, I hate to buy another code book for just the test.

thanks again

You're welcome.

I have been told that if you have lightly penciled notes in your code book, that the proctor will allow you to erase them before the test.

Reading further on in the "Candidate Information Bulletin", I noticed that they list a few books that you are Not allowed to use as reference books during the test, "Mike Holt's Illustrated Guide to Basic Electrical Theory" gets mentioned quite frequently. I wonder why that is? They could post an almost endless list of books that you can't use, I would think that just listing the one book that is allowed would be sufficient.

Look here on page 8: http://www.state.me.us/pfr/professi...df/ElectricalCandidateInformationBulletin.pdf

No handbooks, highlighting & tabs OK, but no handwritten notes.

Actually on the prometric site it says
T E S T I N G R E G U L A T I O N S
Rev. 20090414 8
? You must bring the approved references, including the correct edition of the
National Electrical Code with you to the test center. The Hardcover Handbook
is not allowed. Photocopies may not be used. Highlighting and hand-written
notes are permitted in the Code Book if done prior to arriving at the test site.
During the exam, you may not write in the Code Book. No additional notes
(Post-it? notes) or loose papers are allowed in the Code Book.

I have taken the Maine Master Exam and I had hand written notes all thru my codebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.