Anyone really know JCPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

Im looking at there field guide for a 200 amp single phase resi mast And am confused it say on page 17 "? Three and one-half (3.5) feet between service drop conductors and roofs of projections not accessible to pedestrians." Then on page 44 it says referring to roof clearances If 30" or less use minimum of 2"steel conduit ,if more then 30" use 3" steel conduit.
OK so if I always need 42" from roof then I will always need 3" pipe wich I know not to be true I'm confused anyone help

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Im looking at there field guide for a 200 amp single phase resi mast And am confused it say on page 17 "? Three and one-half (3.5) feet between service drop conductors and roofs of projections not accessible to pedestrians." Then on page 44 it says referring to roof clearances If 30" or less use minimum of 2"steel conduit ,if more then 30" use 3" steel conduit.
OK so if I always need 42" from roof then I will always need 3" pipe wich I know not to be true I'm confused anyone help

With out local POCO how much pipe you have sticking up above the roof, dictates the size of the pipe.

Jerseydaze

With out local POCO how much pipe you have sticking up above the roof, dictates the size of the pipe.

I understand that but if you read what I posted I need 3.5 feet above the roof for service entrance conductors how can i use 2" if it cant be more then 30 inches i know im missing something

satcom

I read it to and maybe we're both missing something. Best advice I can give is to call the local service planner.

If we have any questions on an installation, we just call the utility inspector, give them the dr or job number, and they will go over any of your job concerns and tell you exactly what they will accept, the utility requirement handbooks are somewhat out of date, so a call the inspector is always a good move, they go out and look at the job, and get back to you with all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.