Homeline panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
According to the NEC and Listing agencies, there is no difference between a residential, commercial, or even industrial panel.

Loadcenter is primarily a marketing term, describing a 'cost reduced' panel. Loadcenters pass the tests as all other panelboards.

norcal

Homeline panels are single phase only,so if 3 phase is desired or needed it will be a mismash of panels.

fridaymean

under what grounds does he have the right?

Is this a written amendment?

Yes, I was just reading the local amendments for a mall less than an hour ago. In that jurisdiction, all panelboards for a commercial spaces must have bolt in type breakers. They also must have a main breaker. Most commercial work around here is required to have bolt in breakers. Most architects and engineers specify this, as well as the ahj.

If this is not common in your area, it may not be a concern. In my area, every AHJ has its own set of requirements. (You do not want to over look the main breaker in my instance, even if it is not on the prints, you will not get a CO for it......)

cdslotz

Are there specs on this job?

SqD, GE, CH, all make 3ph loadcenters.
Although my experience with 3ph loadcenters is they are not much cheaper than a panelboard

Status
Not open for further replies.