Secret code language

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Not a clue on roundhouse, unless maybe a round light box?

Minerallac is a standoff strap.

I've gotta know. Please. What is a "roundhouse?"

"Roundhouse" = 3 Phases A,B,C & N usually a home run feed for a MWBC but it may also be a dedicated circuit too. Unlike a "Baseball" which is single phase A,B & N...

(Use your best Irish accent)
"Throw me a ______________ here in this box, and another ____________ over there in that box."

I've gotta know. Please. What is a "roundhouse?"

I never realized it was a regional term limited to the city limits of San Francisco... But from Pacifica you don't know?! Really?

I hate calling it a MWBC or worse... a multiwirebranchcircuit... But specificity has it's benefits.

ike5547

Occupation
Electrician
Never heard the term "baseball" either. I just call it a multi-wire circuit. And if I have to get specific I just say black, red and white, or black, red, blue, white.

Had a guy in our company that used to call them trios. Never caught on with me, though. I'm okay with a few extra syllables.

ike5547

Occupation
Electrician
(Use your best Irish accent)
"Throw me a ______________ here in this box, and another ____________ over there in that box."

Throw me 2 and a half baseballs in that box and half a baseball in teh other.

Or 1/3 of a round house. Use you're favorite color. Just because I said "a" roundhouse doesn't mean its gotta be black.

Last edited:

iaov

Sometimes terms are only job sight specific. All professions have thier own esoteric languages and the electrical field probably has more words and terms than any other save medicine.:)

iaov

A PS to my above post. Worked in a French cheese plant for 7 months last winter and have been back there recently as a contractor. The confussion over terms by people who don't speak each others languages can make things realy interesting. Especialy over a radio!!:grin:

Wes Smith

This will take some of you old guys back, especially in south Florida where everything is concrete block..... What about wrap straps & cut nails?
I live in Northern KY now, they call them clip-its, not sure why they use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.