handy men luck out on box fill

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Was working at a small company that one day sent me our commercial guy to help trim a house. He spent an hour trying to install one simple duplex receptacl. Had to put him on other things and redo it myself, he simply had no idea how to deal with plastic box's and romex.

Many apprenticeships have two separate programs, industrial/commercial and residential.

I was in the industrial/commercial side and we were not taught anything about residential work. I had to learn res work on my own. We were taught how to do huge pipe runs, build tray, set gear, operate huge lifts, do trig for power factor, figure reactance but never once did we even get to see how a residential service was installed. Some guys spent 40 years in the trade and never once touched NMS cable.

The res guys weren't taught anything industrial.

For a while they even had a separate program for data guys.

All three parts taught us how to pass an NEC code test for our state.

jetlag

That was just plain wrong.:mad:

I recognize that you said it was not you.:)

No not me I like to be able to sleep at night, his trailer park was all green, and he did all the wiring there for owner untill they needed a permit and they called me for new service. Word of warnig , these mobile home parks get a mover to move and set up the mobile homes , the permit they get includes electrical and plumbing hook up but they still have to get an affidavit from licensed electricial , never turn the affidavit over to the owner to fax in to permit office, take it or fax in to permit office your self, They will later connect another mobile home on their own and fax in another affidavit with your name an info on it. I caught them when lady from permit office called and said I forgot to put lot number on affidavit,, The owner and green man got hefty fines lol

stevenje

I knew a man loved to brag how easy that was at big orange and blue, he would roll the old ballast in on a cart if anyone noticed said he had to match up. At the ballast he would put old one on shelf beside a new box and be comparing , the ballast boxes are not sealed back then , then he would open another as if looking, you got it new one he makes grease marks on with grease he has on thumb and lays in cart, then he gets another new one in box and winds up 2 for one at check out. Of course the old ballast went in the empty box on shelf for some innocent person to buy and install

Boy, there is something to be proud of. Another story of the moral decay that plagues this country.

Jim W in Tampa

I knew a man loved to brag how easy that was at big orange and blue, he would roll the old ballast in on a cart if anyone noticed said he had to match up. At the ballast he would put old one on shelf beside a new box and be comparing , the ballast boxes are not sealed back then , then he would open another as if looking, you got it new one he makes grease marks on with grease he has on thumb and lays in cart, then he gets another new one in box and winds up 2 for one at check out. Of course the old ballast went in the empty box on shelf for some innocent person to buy and install

I would not admit to even knowing someone like him. I hope there cams catch him

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
thats why they stamp the date on the ballast

jetlag

I would not admit to even knowing someone like him. I hope there cams catch him

Well he wasnt a friend of mine , thats for sure . I did a lot of work for the owner on time and material because was so much work on various things it was hard to figure price, so owner wanted that guy and couple more around all the time to help me so get thru sooner and he save money , I cant say I minded that because I let them do all the crawling under mobile homes and all the digging to bury u s e cable. I over heard them talking all the time, no telling what all I would have heard if I knew the green language lol

Jim W in Tampa

I'm with you Jim.

I got the strangest look at HD when I bought something for $1.22 and put $2 in the self checkout machine and then reported to them that the machine gave me $1.26 back in change.

I seen it spit out $5 bills that should been $1
I seldom use the self checkouts as far too often they don't work right and you end up being slowed down
What many don't understand is stores have far more security than you think. Any transaction at register can be reviewed. All they need do is look at your receit and see register (camera) number and the time.
HD does not make many mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.