cost of installing 2"emt and wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, Hope you all had a great summer and wishing you all a busy new season.

Can someone offer some advice? I used an estimator but still an amateur at this......I'm going to install 440' of 2"emt. The run will be about 30' up and working off lift of course. This run will be a feed to a new distribution panel etc...I'm installing qty of (4) 3/0 THHN and qty of (1) #6 THHN in this conduit.

Can someone offer a cost to install this? (material and labor) I figure 3 guys. Exclude wire price if you have to. I'm bidding on this and I could really use a professional opinion on this ASAP.

Thank you.

static

WinZip

Hi Everyone, Hope you all had a great summer and wishing you all a busy new season.

Can someone offer some advice? I used an estimator but still an amateur at this......I'm going to install 440' of 2"emt. The run will be about 30' up and working off lift of course. This run will be a feed to a new distribution panel etc...I'm installing qty of (4) 3/0 THHN and qty of (1) #6 THHN in this conduit.

Can someone offer a cost to install this? (material and labor) I figure 3 guys. Exclude wire price if you have to. I'm bidding on this and I could really use a professional opinion on this ASAP.

Thank you.

static

I would go 2.5 x material cost an lift use then your man hour rate.

CopperTone

using a labor units manual - figure 3 guys 4 days or 96 man hours. It shouldn't necessarily take that long, but you should base your price on that.
Say you charge $75/hr per man - $75x 96= $7200

- get material quote from supplier - add 30%.
Get quote for lift - add 15% to that.
add in permit cost - mark that up too.

JES2727

I would figure two guys for the bulk of the work and then bring in some additional manpower for the wire pull. Unless you've got two lifts. If you're using just one lift then I question the necessity of the third man.

fridaymean

I am coming up with 60 hours and 6500 in material. (From software) Add lift, OH/P Etc....

If I were bidding this, I would BID at 48 hours if the floor were wide open....
16 hours - 2 man days - Conduit
16 hours - 2 man days - Pull
16 hours - 2 man days - Trim, Clean-up, Misc.

Hello All,

Excellent advice from each of you. Thank you. I'm very happy with what I came up with. My estimate is actually compared to cdslotz, coppertone, winzip and ed downey. I came u with numbers closest to your advice. Thanks very much.

I will be renting a tugger also.

Sincerely,

staticcontrol

ksmith846

Hello All,

I will be renting a tugger also.

Sincerely,

staticcontrol

Tugger? If the warehouse is wide open and you already have a lift you can pull it in with that. We would secure an eyebolt on the floor beneath the panel. Place a large pulley on the eyebolt, tie the rope to the lift and pull it in faster than with a tugger.

That's Just how we do it on large open jobs.

hardworkingstiff

Tugger? If the warehouse is wide open and you already have a lift you can pull it in with that. We would secure an eyebolt on the floor beneath the panel. Place a large pulley on the eyebolt, tie the rope to the lift and pull it in faster than with a tugger.

That's Just how we do it on large open jobs.

Of course you run a greater risk of damaging the conductors pulling them in that way.

I couldn't use a lift because there is a Mezzanine. I have used a variable speed fork lift in the past with a few pulleys and it went smooth.

static

fishin' electrician

I don't know what you mean.

Sorry, it's not that I think the job shouldn't be bid with these numbers, things are just way too tight for me to expect to get it at those. I'm not getting jobs that I am bidding tight 'cause someone, somehow is bidding them even tighter.

*ideally*
I'd likely only have with me an apprentice as help to pipe it one day, a jw and an apprentice for 3-4 hrs on pull, then terminate/clean up alone for 4 hrs another day.

I think a wide open warehouse with a lift is the key, of course I haven't seen the job so it's all really just speculation.:grin: Forget any of those numbers if there are major beams that need to be piped around adding pull points and what not.

(That is the problem discussing these things on the intenet.)

Agreed. :)

CDELECT

Sorry, it's not that I think the job shouldn't be bid with these numbers, things are just way too tight for me to expect to get it at those. I'm not getting jobs that I am bidding tight 'cause someone, somehow is bidding them even tighter.

*ideally*
I'd likely only have with me an apprentice as help to pipe it one day, a jw and an apprentice for 3-4 hrs on pull, then terminate/clean up alone for 4 hrs another day.

I think a wide open warehouse with a lift is the key, of course I haven't seen the job so it's all really just speculation.:grin: Forget any of those numbers if there are major beams that need to be piped around adding pull points and what not.

Agreed. :)

The way the general economy is should not change your bid practices, most of your costs are fixed, and you can only tighten up a bit, before your on the way to closing up, if you notice, none of your suppliers or services are lowering their prices most of them are increasing pricing, the idea of contracting is to secure a project and earn better them average.

Status
Not open for further replies.