disco ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlejohnson

There is a poco transformer that feeds two seperate buildings. One is a church and one is a residence, each one has its own seperate disco, is this allowed? Does not seem right to me.

Thanks...

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
There is a poco transformer that feeds two seperate buildings. One is a church and one is a residence, each one has its own seperate disco, is this allowed? Does not seem right to me.

Thanks...

I think its better to have two disconnect switches. look at 230.70 NEC2008 page 70-78

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Thanks...

I think its better to have two disconnect switches. look at 230.70 NEC2008 page 70-78

:)

Thanks...

Its a POCO xfmr, NESC applies, not the NEC.

No different than a pole mount 35KV to 120/240 xmfr feeding multiple houses.

my post was ment to help out the "OP'' The Nec with the mass code is what we go by in massachusetts not the ''NESC'' Unless you can point out that the state of Massachusetts laws have superseeded the National Electrical code and the massachusetts Electrical code (AMENDMENTS) and adopted the ''NECS''/// the board of state Examiners of Electricians has not Adopted the ''NECS'' AND you can read about it right here.http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocasubt...d+of+State+Examiners+of+Electricians&sid=Eoca. .I think you can help the ''OP'' By opening your 2008 NATIONAL ELETRICAL CODE And helping out the ''OP''

Last edited:

nhfire77

:)

my post was ment to help out the "OP'' The Nec with the mass code is what we go by in massachusetts not the ''NESC'' Unless you can point out that the state of Massachusetts laws have superseeded the National Electrical code and the massachusetts Electrical code (AMENDMENTS) and adopted the ''NECS''/// the board of state Examiners of Electricians has not Adopted the ''NECS'' AND you can read about it right here.http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocasubt...d+of+State+Examiners+of+Electricians&sid=Eoca. .I think you can help the ''OP'' By opening your 2008 NATIONAL ELETRICAL CODE And helping out the ''OP''

And I was saying if the transformer was installed and maintained and is under the control of the POCO, the NESC most likely applies, not the NEC. Depends on where the service point is. Also, try reading 90.2 (B)(5). Maybe the Point of service was at the disconnect on the building. I don't know where this was, whether it be MA or not, the OP didn't say. No one said the NEC didn't apply in MA.

iwire

Staff member

It is fine, the power company transformer supplying my home supplies about 4 or 5 homes, it is how it is done.

Leo, even in MA that does not apply here. The MEC starts at the service point, in MA for overheads that is usually at the weatherhead, for undergrounds often at the meter.

The power company can and does supply as many separate buildings from one transformer as they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.