Free PDF version of the 2011 NEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In the back of the the 2011 NEC is a small paper flag with a limited time offer for a free PDF version of the 2011 NEC. You enter a code on the paper flag and then take an online survey, it took me three minutes.
You are directed to a log in page at the NFPA and then can download the PDF and a special software program to install the PDF version.
Keep in mind the electronic version of the NEC will not be available.
I asked Mark Early (NPFA Chief Electrical Engineer) about the free version, and he stated its not in all the 2011 NEC,s I checked several today and it was.

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thanks for the info. So you need to buy the code book to get this paper flag? Did you download the PDF?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Its a standard PDF that is locked to one computer.
Handbook is not available yet.
I downloaded my copy today.
Whats interesting is one of the survey questions is "what online resources do you use" one of the answers is "Forums (Mike Holt)

dhalleron

I have a PDF copy of the 2008 NEC that I got from my NFPA online code subscription. It is a searchable PDF that is not tied to any one PC. I did have to install an add-on to Adobe Reader.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I picked mine up from the supply company yesterday and downloaded the pdf. A word to the wise is you need the latest version of acrobat reader to use the program. Of course, free download for that also.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I went to the NW Section IAEI meeting in Boise. The NW section meeting is always first and they get a rush order on the NECs

And when you install the free (well free if you buy a NEC) PDF, it has small print across the top of each page with your name and company.

360Youth

I picked mine up from the supply company yesterday and downloaded the pdf. A word to the wise is you need the latest version of acrobat reader to use the program. Of course, free download for that also.

I want one. :mad::grin::grin: Supply house is supposedly getting me one, but I was told Oct also.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Most people have Christmas to look forward to. Us code junkies count the days until the supply house calls every three years - as if it's going to make more sense this time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.