A Picture is worth a thousand words

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I was looking at a TI, yesterday and they need a new feeder to the unit. So when I look at the main disconnect to see what they have this is what I found. Along with a dozen other violations, this was my favorite. What do you think the rating of the "C" clamps are?

View attachment 5024

iwire

Staff member
I was looking at a TI, yesterday and they need a new feeder to the unit. So when I look at the main disconnect to see what they have this is what I found. Along with a dozen other violations, this was my favorite. What do you think the rating of the "C" clamps are?

View attachment 5024

:D

Nice.

Cooper-Bussmann sells a listed product for the same function.

iwire

Staff member
I said these were listed, but I think I was wrong.

FuseClips2.jpg

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
What does the phase tape signify?

Roger

maybe they are patriotic, because this is a 240V 3phase. Come to think of it I have a rotation meter that has red, white, and blue leads, for phase conductors. What is funny, the red tape is on the bar on the left, and the red taped conductor is in the middle.:confused: I'll post the 2 other pictures, more violations. The neutrals have yellow tape on them, but I am going to give them the benefit of "maybe" it was white tape that turned yellow because of heat.

Last edited:

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Here is another picture. Now there is the obvious double lugging, but check out the color of the Blade on the right. I need to I.R scan this box. (not that it would change the need to change this disco.)

View attachment 5027

hurk27

This disconnect is very close to failure, the insulating block behind phase A has significant heat damage, both fuse holders of phase A and C are damaged, and the knife on phase C is damaged, all by heat, would be a great up sale. and the fact that you can't parallel 3/0 to feed a 400 amp disconnect or to the load, so there is definitely some problems, wonder what the load is in amps? looks like an old Wadsworth disco.

Status
Not open for further replies.