Box sizing 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertex

Consider boxes enclosing conductors larger than #6:

The only limitation on the number of conductors in the box is based how many raceways can be connected to the box. Or is there another code that supersedes this scenario?

Before making any condemnations, please understand that I have not advocated using the minimum standard for this application.

jusme123

Occupation
JW

The only limitation on the number of conductors in the box is based how many raceways can be connected to the box. Or is there another code that supersedes this scenario?

Before making any condemnations, please understand that I have not advocated using the minimum standard for this application.
312.6 '08 code

jusme123

Occupation
JW

would you include a cutout box as part of your statement?

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
312. does not apply to the boxes he is asking about.
It really depends on the box. In my work, I normally use NEMA 12 continuous hinge boxes for pull and junction boxes. They are all listed as "cutout" boxes and not as pull and junction boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.