Dangerous Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

concerns with the water flowing into the 400a panel from a conduit when it rains,and the stub ups keep arcing and he can't find the breakers.

Folks I still think this can be reported with a clear conscience. This is an accident waiting to happen.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Don't get involved with him. It's a lose/lose proposition. He will fight you every step of the way on anything you do or don't do. Anything that goes wrong will be your fault. Any harm to someone will be your fault. If local officials come to investigate, he will say he left permits up to you, didn't know you didn't get them, etc.

I've had to turn down badly needed work for similar situations.

gardiner

A measuring stick I had while contracting was if the client tried to rant or rave or insult me before I accepted the project he would loose me as a possible contractor. I would leave right there and then and leave him to his own demise. If he really pushed my buttons or if I thought someone might get hurt as a result of what was going on I'd call it in.

growler

Folks I still think this can be reported with a clear conscience. This is an accident waiting to happen.

I would have a clear conscience either way.

I am not a licensing, code or inspection enforcement officer.

I agree with you Bob it's a personal choice and not a responsibility.

I stopped in to talk to the Building Code Official in a small town after leaving a job like this a few years ago. He was out of his office and on his way to the job site in two minutes once I told him what was going on.

They don't have the time or the budget to drive around just looking for all of these hazadous conditions and they really do depend on getting complaints from private citizens. This was in a small strip mall and I figured that one tenant was endangering the lives of all the other tenants.

I know that if I report a hazardous condition that I'm never going to get the job making the repairs so it's not about personal gain as some would think but some contractor will get the job and it will be done right once it is brought to the attention of the authorities.

Most people would report a fire so why not report one that's just waiting to happen. It normally does more good that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.