Cost of using lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Who says they had adopted the '96 at the time? Maybe they were still on the '93, or the '90, or even the '87. Heck, there's no law that says you even have to adopt the NEC. It could have been some other standard, even a home-grown one.

That's true. Could have built by aliens too.:grin:

By the way it's not in the '90 or the '93, because it was Article 210-24 then. The exception in the '90 seems to allow it, but the wording was changed in the '93 to disallow it.

lakee911

Maybe the OPs wiring predates that requirement.

What if the exterior lights are part of the dwelling just like my tenant's unit has a front porch light? I might decide that a condition of the lease is that they must burn it the required 300hours per month and maybe I'm nice enough to reimburse them?

GG

Well I know the tenant whose panel they are on is awfully fired up about them being on her panel. Crazy lady keeps going out and taking the bulbs out of the fixtures.

kwired

Electron manager
Well I know the tenant whose panel they are on is awfully fired up about them being on her panel. Crazy lady keeps going out and taking the bulbs out of the fixtures.

Even without a code that is reason enough to have them on a house panel.

Maybe she should be required to put gas in the lawnmower every month too.

What if she doesn't pay her electric bill and they disconnect her - no light for everybody.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
What if the exterior lights are part of the dwelling just like my tenant's unit has a front porch light? I might decide that a condition of the lease is that they must burn it the required 300hours per month and maybe I'm nice enough to reimburse them?

Come on now, you know we don't talk about what's right or fair here, we talk about the code.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.