Service Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxstevens

I am putting an underground service in at a residence and the plumber is digging the trench. He asks me where I wanted the 3 in PVC to come up the wall and he mentioned he knew it couldn't go within 3 feet of the inside corner. I asked why and he said because it was code. I pulled my code book out and looked in Services but could not find anything. The GC called another electrician and he confirmed that it couldn't go there but was not told if it was NEC or a local thing. Am I missing something obvious? It's terrible to be one-upped by the plumber! Thanks. Maybe I should take up plumbing!

ceb58

I am putting an underground service in at a residence and the plumber is digging the trench. He asks me where I wanted the 3 in PVC to come up the wall and he mentioned he knew it couldn't go within 3 feet of the inside corner. I asked why and he said because it was code. I pulled my code book out and looked in Services but could not find anything. The GC called another electrician and he confirmed that it couldn't go there but was not told if it was NEC or a local thing. Am I missing something obvious? It's terrible to be one-upped by the plumber! Thanks. Maybe I should take up plumbing!

It could be a poco ruling

btharmy

Most likely a POCO rule. Get with them on location of service equipment in relation to windows, doors and corners. Thats how it works around here. They should have a source of info (book or web-page)for contractors to use as a guideline.

satcom

The first step with any new service is to contract the POCO before you do a lick of work, not contacting them first can really run your day, and even cost you plenty of extra work, when you have to do a new dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.