Status
Not open for further replies.

newinspector1

In a commercial building that has a sub panel is a main required. There are 9 breakers in the panel. The panel is in the same building just in a different room. I was thinking 225.33 A but I wasn't for sure since it is in the same building. Thanks in advance for the help.

construct

Take a look at 408.36(A) Exception No. 1

Edit: Forgot to add..... Not knowing what type of panelboard, this may apply to your scenario.

Last edited:

raider1

Staff member
Article 225 only applys to outside branch circuits and feeders.

The breaker that protects the feeder can also be used to protect the panelboard as long as it is sized to protect the panelboard.

There is no requirement for a disconnecting means within sight of a panelboard.

Chris

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
225 does not apply to a panel that is located in the same building where the supply to the panel originates. Article 408 only requires overcurrent protection on the supply side of the panel. There is no requirement that the panel have a main in it, or a means of disconenct located within sight.

Sorry Chris, I did not refresh my browser before posting.

raider1

Staff member
225 does not apply to a panel that is located in the same building where the supply to the panel originates. Article 408 only requires overcurrent protection on the supply side of the panel. There is no requirement that the panel have a main in it, or a means of disconenct located within sight.

Sorry Chris, I did not refresh my browser before posting.

Not a problem Don.:)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.