How do you run a credit check on a potential customer/employer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
That's where we are now, right? So how do I run a credit check on a restaurant franchise before I agree to fix their dining room lights and wait for payment from the corporate office?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
That's where we are now, right? So how do I run a credit check on a restaurant franchise before I agree to fix their dining room lights and wait for payment from the corporate office?

That what i would like to know..but you should wright into your contract that payment is due upon compleation of work and after 30 days add late charges:grin:

CDELECT

There are many ways to run credit on a customer, and usually a cost attached to the request, but checking credit is pretty much a must in to todays markets if you intend to collect your payments, we like to use less expensive checks at first and with low value projects, we will ask for their credit card, an easy way to move on with business, here is a pretty good site with some good information http://www.allbusiness.com/business-finance/cash-management-collections/435-1.html

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
dunn an bradstreet is a good place to look for a biz credit

Opps I just noticed they are a D&B company

Status
Not open for further replies.