Description of electrical work for licensing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4gery

I am sending in the application for my state license, one thing multiple people have told me is to be very, very descriptive when explaining the type of electrical work I have done in the past. People have said things like "Write a book out for them", but I am having a bit of writer's block here. I'm good at electrical work, but this creative writing thing isn't my fort?.

I was wondering if anyone in a similar position has a block of text that I could work off of. I don't want to plagiarize word for word, but I could certainly use some help making this look good.

If anyone could help me make this look good, I appreciate it.

sparky=t

commercial, residential, agricultural, industrial, including planning layout and supervision on installations containingheating and cooling, refridgeration, power and lighting, emergency back up systems, nurse call and fire alarm systems. also installed telementery and motor controls, design build work, lighting control systems.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I am sending in the application for my state license, one thing multiple people have told me is to be very, very descriptive when explaining the type of electrical work I have done in the past. People have said things like "Write a book out for them", but I am having a bit of writer's block here. I'm good at electrical work, but this creative writing thing isn't my fort?.

I was wondering if anyone in a similar position has a block of text that I could work off of. I don't want to plagiarize word for word, but I could certainly use some help making this look good.

If anyone could help me make this look good, I appreciate it.

well here you can wright out lets say you worked in a commercial building and you ran a 200amp 480volt feed to a 480/277 volt panel that will take care of the 277volt lighting and some 480volt 3 Phase ac units ,and a 480volt step down transformer for a 225 Amp 120/208 panel 42 circuit panel for office buld out and how you grounded the transformer to bulding steel.

growler

I am sending in the application for my state license, one thing multiple people have told me is to be very, very descriptive when explaining the type of electrical work I have done in the past.

It's not as big of a deal as you would think. Here if I remember correctly they had a few questions to help with that.

If you have been doing commercial and industrial then list the service size and voltage. Example: 2000 amp 480V. 3 phase service. 400 Amp 240V single phase (for residential ). If you have worked with transformers then state that. List your power experience and then add any low voltage and data experience to include fire alarms and security or phones.

This is what they mean when they say descriptive. Give some idea of the actaul nature of the work you have been doing. If you have been training others and working as a leadman or foreman then list that.

krisinjersey

Bull

Bull

I know guys that have written a book and been rejected for lack of detail. Others have written a job description and been accepted. Still others turned the EXACT same document around and it went through the second time. Mine was a 2 page recount of the last 10 years of jobs and what I was exposed to on them. Went through first shot. I'm sure they've got a checklist of keywords, but as long as you have a well written statement and you know what you're talking about it should go right through. If I can find mine, I'll PM it to you.

satcom

They want to know how you got your knowledge and a brief description of the areas mastered, for example I completed a four year labor department approved Apprenticeship program, which consisted of 8000 hours of both classroom and field work, and I have additional years of electrical experiences with the following companies (list experience with dates and length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.