Simpull wire & slipwire

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmhead

I have pulled in Simpull wire theres another wire out thats the same kinda its called slipwire just like to pass this on NO SOAP NEEDED and i think its cost is less !
19259787.jpg

d2ac6fa9.jpg
Were pulling it now miles of it both simpull and slipwire there is no difference they pull the same no soap no mess i dont sell it iam not hear to promote it just think electricians who pull wire can save on labor and clean up and wasted time with this wire !

Did you know that this wire has a smaller diameter than your standard thhn thhn-2 dual rated wire so the conduit fill is less for the same size cir mils thats in the code book think money dollars saved and the easy way in labor and cost .

brian john

While pulling is a dream, I have found it to leave my hands feeling uggie and slimy, when having to form it slips in my hands. But I seldom do this work so maybe I have sissy hands or am not experienced in handling this cable.

TOOL_5150

While pulling is a dream, I have found it to leave my hands feeling uggie and slimy, when having to form it slips in my hands. But I seldom do this work so maybe I have sissy hands or am not experienced in handling this cable.

Ive found the same thing. It leaves a weird residue. Not to mention, its almost too slick to hold onto, and once slipped out of my hands and hit me right in the ..... :mad:

~Matt

Jlarson

Ive found the same thing. It leaves a weird residue. Not to mention, its almost too slick to hold onto, and once slipped out of my hands and hit me right in the ..... :mad:

~Matt

Same here, I did a pull the other day and it turned a new pair of gloves black.

ohmhead

Im all for it, but does it cost more in the bigger sizes vs black? LIke #4 and up?

~Matt

To give you some input on your question yes it cost more Simpull & slipwire but heres why it does not need soap it doesnt cut easy meaning the insulation is less of a problem when your wire gets nicked or damaged during pulling and this happens thats why we megger all feeders the same day .

Point your fingers or head basket comes off like in record time with soap this takes 10 minutes normally with simpull it take 10 seconds to take off the duck tape .

No clean up in your gear no mess this takes hours with soap no soap all over your hands or equipment when you pull lots of gear this is great .

When you megg wire its clean nice to work with so you can test as soon as your pulled in so if you got a issue your tugger is right there ready to pull it out !

You can get it rolled up on spools with ground attached and get it cut in multipule runs each cut with fingers crimped on at the factory this is fast then no head needs to be made you just pull it off . On multipule par runs on one spool each head is rolled with each run ready under the other and it works great one spool does it all no labor switching spools they roll it with a paper divider one on top of the other one spool 8 runs less work .

The simpull has two foot measure markings on all conductors most wire today does not so you can see if its short before you pull it theres lots of good points but the cost will override the money you save with the old wire we have pulled for years but we pull lots of wire so its a good thing .
026c34b6.jpg

This photo had 1/0 copper 500 foot long we pulled it with no soap in 1 1/2 conduit long run and one offset with two 90, s and up 7 floors tugger pulled it with two fingers on rope .

This would have been a tuff pull with normal wire

Status
Not open for further replies.