Sips

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

Does anyone have experience wiring sip houses, Structual insulated panels. How much longer does it take than a stick built house or any other things that may be of use to me. Thanks

bullheimer

Not me either. i just saw them do a bank like this and am still wondering HOW!!!

a house i bid on had a video the guy gave me that "explained everything you need to know on how to do it"..

ahole! it was all of five minutes long!!! you can imagine how informative that was!! there are however, grooves cut it the panels every four feet or so for romex. however making a turn requires using a hole saw at the 90. lots of routering and hole sawing. i gave him my quote for remodelling at $10/sq ft. and as i anticipated, he called someone else. i would have lost my butt otherwise if i would have given him a standard $3/s/ft price.

i know somebody here will help us both out.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Did one 15 years ago that was post & beam along with the panels. Don't remember the price difference but make sure to CYA. Forgetting something is not an option. We were using metal old work boxes and figured out that we could use a hole saw and the ears would just hit with a grunion of trimming at the corners.

arnettda

Did one 15 years ago that was post & beam along with the panels. Don't remember the price difference but make sure to CYA. Forgetting something is not an option. We were using metal old work boxes and figured out that we could use a hole saw and the ears would just hit with a grunion of trimming at the corners.[/QUO

From what I read on the internet there are horizontal chases and vertical chases. So I would cut a pulling hole in the vertical chase where the horizontal chases are and pull my wire over to my outlets and switches and then plug the hole I cut in the verticle chase? I hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.