reclassifying a class 2 LV circuit as class 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danickstr

I wondered if a class 2 circuit could be run with some #6 feeders provided it was reclassified according to 725.52 and 600v wire was used.

This is not my install, but I am trying to make it code complaint and safe without dropping 300 feet of pipe to separate them (which is what I recommended to client, but not sure they want to spend that kind of money on an install done my the same GC I am working for now with other sparkys).

I at least said we put some fuses inline in case of a water-related short (many big j-boxes on this run with a couple puddles in them that need to be addressed).
It is 24v relay-controlled light switching (pass-seymour).

fishin' electrician

I had a take-over job recently for an auto transfer genset where the original contractor ran the LV control circuit conductors in the same conduit as the 120V battery charging circuit.

The Inspector suggested doing exactly what you propose as a work around.

I didn't because it was easier to disconnect the charging circuit and use a nearby circuit for that, but said inspector is one of the sharpest in my area, and I believe what he suggested to be compliant.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I wondered if a class 2 circuit could be run with some #6 feeders provided it was reclassified according to 725.52 and 600v wire was used.

This is not my install, but I am trying to make it code complaint and safe without dropping 300 feet of pipe to separate them (which is what I recommended to client, but not sure they want to spend that kind of money on an install done my the same GC I am working for now with other sparkys).

I at least said we put some fuses inline in case of a water-related short (many big j-boxes on this run with a couple puddles in them that need to be addressed).
It is 24v relay-controlled light switching (pass-seymour).

In 2008 that is now 725.130 (A)exception #2
A nice exception to know in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.