EMT Coupling Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing as a repair coupling for EMT. I have found a cracked coupling in a run of 1-1/4" EMT. Didn't know if someone made a coupling that could be installed without tearing the entire conduit system apart.

BJ Conner

Is there such a thing as a repair coupling for EMT. I have found a cracked coupling in a run of 1-1/4" EMT. Didn't know if someone made a coupling that could be installed without tearing the entire conduit system apart.

Was this a cast set-screw coupling made in China?

BJ Conner

Genuine Myers Scru-Tite hubs? Or generic?

Genuine Meyers- The box said Meyers, The hubs looked as good as any I have ever seen. They didn't say made in india just India.
Things don't have to say where they are made anymore. If you buy Craftsman tools unless they say "Made in USA" they are made in China.
I went to buy son and son-in law a dog-bone wrench. The plastic hanger card said "made in China". The wrench just said Craftsman. I called sears and finally got the answer most of their stuff is made in China. :mad:

norcal

Genuine Meyers- The box said Meyers, The hubs looked as good as any I have ever seen. They didn't say made in india just India.
Things don't have to say where they are made anymore. If you buy Craftsman tools unless they say "Made in USA" they are made in China.
I went to buy son and son-in law a dog-bone wrench. The plastic hanger card said "made in China". The wrench just said Craftsman. I called sears and finally got the answer most of their stuff is made in China. :mad:

If the box said "Meyers" I would say they are bogus as "Myers" is the correct spelling.

If Sears is having their stuff built by the ChiCom's one might as well go to Harbor Freight or other cheap Chinese tool stores & get Chinese prices, no sense paying a higher price for the benefit of Sears/K Mart stockholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.