effect of electric vehicles on utility infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.

wptski

I've heard that California's grid is pushed to the limit right now.

I wonder where these charging stations will be installed? Depends where you live, locatiing it might be a big problem. Single dwellings would be no problem.

I seen a Chevy Volt on the road about a month ago, of course I live about a mile from the GM Technical Center which is where it turned into.

gar

Occupation
EE
101027-0805 EDT

wptski:

I not sure what the rules are for getting into the test show, but the number of visitors was not large. The show is free. Probably you invent a company name and title. You would find the show interesting.

Fluke has an exhibit but not for handheld instruments. Hioki has a power monitor running. Voltage waveform was more distorted than I have ever seen, and short time voltage was jumping like 2 V.

A number of force and pressure transducer manufacturers are there. Michigan Scientific is displaying many of their custom transducers. About 40 years ago this company evolved from some people in the instrumentation group at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford.

Agilent has a big exhibit.

Some of the exhibit people really know their product, and others don't have the foggiest idea how their product works.

Several proving grounds vendors are there including Ford Michigan Proving Ground (Romeo).

Kistler Instruments is displaying an electro-mechanical actuator to replace a hydraulic cylinder and includes force and displacement measurement and analysis. Small package size and low energy consumption. Might be useful for pressing bearing cups.

You could be entertained all day. The show continues today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.