horizontally mounted panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SPARKS

I have a 200 amp siemens panel mounted horizontally (due to space restrictions in basement) , needless to say it did not pass inspection I have read 240.81 since and guess I overlooked the up/on part or i would have installed the panel differently. My question is are there any breakers that can be fitted here to comply with code or alternative that would allow me to leave panel and wires installed and just adapt breakers.

lakee911

Maybe get a UL listed panel shop to build you a subpanel to insert with breakers that bolt through or din rail? Out them where or how ever you want then. Cutler hammer qcr (I think) comes to mind. Wouldn,t be cost effective and may still need a service rated diaconnect.

Jim W in Tampa

Half of your breakers are OK. If you can get by with only half of the spaces you pass. Other than that find a smaller panel or perhaps add a sub panel in normal direction

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I have a 200 amp siemens panel mounted horizontally (due to space restrictions in basement) , needless to say it did not pass inspection I have read 240.81 since and guess I overlooked the up/on part or i would have installed the panel differently. My question is are there any breakers that can be fitted here to comply with code or alternative that would allow me to leave panel and wires installed and just adapt breakers.

If you met the working space requirements in Art.110.26 it is surprising you can't move things around to the vertical and make it work. Have you encroached on the panels required clear space with "foreign systems'' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.