New Ten in One

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
For you ten in one fans, Klien has a folding version availabe. Its about $16, catalog 32535.

Dear Santa, I have been a good electrician and I want a ten in one.

Jim W in Tampa

Do like it
Yesterday HD replaced my broken klein wire striper. I almost could not believe it snaped off at the jaw.They were the good blue handled ones. Had them for about 5 years. Usually i wear them out or burn them up by cutting live

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
Do like it
Yesterday HD replaced my broken klein wire striper. I almost could not believe it snaped off at the jaw.They were the good blue handled ones. Had them for about 5 years. Usually i wear them out or burn them up by cutting live

Cutting 4/0 cu with them? Breaking a pair of kliens is not an easy thing to do.

Jim W in Tampa

Cutting 4/0 cu with them? Breaking a pair of kliens is not an easy thing to do.

They broke trying to cut a small plastic tie wrap. Had it been something like solid #4 i might not been surprised. Only logic is years of use had fractured them. No argument from big orange, she just said go get a new pair. Didnt even have me sign anything or get my name. Now all i need is a job so i can use them. Wish i had taken picture.

rexowner

Occupation
Electrician
Interesting. Thank you for passing this on.

IMO, it would have been nice if it were more compact for tight
right-angle situations. I don't really see where I would use it, but
others may have different opinions.

It will be interesting to see if it catches on.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
No argument from big orange, she just said go get a new pair.
At a local HD, we recently bought five 8' HO T-8 (four 4' tubes) fixtures, one of which had been opened and we found at the job was missing a pair of tombstones.

I went back and picked up a 2-pack of replacements, and the lady at the service desk apologized and rang up a zero-cost receipt and handed us a bag for the new ones.

That's what I call good service.

jumper

At a local HD, we recently bought five 8' HO T-8 (four 4' tubes) fixtures, one of which had been opened and we found at the job was missing a pair of tombstones.

I went back and picked up a 2-pack of replacements, and the lady at the service desk apologized and rang up a zero-cost receipt and handed us a bag for the new ones.

That's what I call good service.

Cool.:) I am glad it worked out, sometimes big boxes are a pain.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
couldent find the it on thier sight. Anyone know if replacement bits are available?
The bits appear to be the same as a regular ten in one ( I borrowed a co-workers). Klein has replacement bits for the ten in one screwdriver. I carry a ten in one in my Carharts right hand long pocket and a Fluke tic tester in the other. I use both daily.

I agree. I love the versatility of them. I have a cheap "buck brothers" one. (2.99 anywhere) Ounce i pick it up I use it all day. Plus for that price its no big deal to lose a bit. I respect Klien and think they make a quality tool but all the (phillips, flat or nut driver) indicators painted on the top of the handles have worn off. I just expect more for the price tag they come with.

cadpoint

I?m sure it a fine tool for being in a pinch, and works well as designed and needed, I might even buy one for everyone as a stocking stuffer!

I personally don?t like tools that move independently during the motion of applying work, I could feel both the ten and one, six and one tips move. I also don?t like to use Allen wrench?s that are in a foldable chasse either.

Jlarson

The Leatherman multi tool I carry can do the same thing(it's got interchangeable bit holders) plus I get knives and pliers out of the deal. Just sayin'

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You guys like to work too hard. Using manual drivers. :roll: (;))

I rarely turn screws manually. I use this combination for almost everything:

hurk27

Ancora Imparo = "Im Still Learning" (Italian)

Just caught that in your siggy Tom;)

It was the motto of our lightning studies class at the University of Florida.
Our professor had it hanging over the door on a plaque.

I live by its meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.