need a second opinion please. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i got a set of plans tonight that needs a price by tomorrow. long story short apparently they were sent to me several days ago w/ a bid deadline of today . when i talked to them today and found this out (they sent it to wrong address), i declined the job but they want us to price it and extended my deadline until tomorrow . . .so anyway. . .

previous tenant occupied three units w/ three separate meters. now that the occupancy is changing, "the county" (i'm assuming inspector) is now requiring the service to be consolidated.

the plan is to sub-feed two 200A panels from one 400A.

"the county" (again, assuming inspector) said they could simply "cap the wires" that are currently feeding the panels.

the feeder comes through the rear via an LB. no way they're actually going to let us kill the feeders from another meter in a sub-panel, so should i plan on pulling them all the way back to the meter stack or can they be cut in the LB?

by the time I got all of this info it was too late to call inspections, and i'm going to finish this tonight with pages of stipulations since the info doesn't sound accurate. but according to the code, what should I do?

Dolfan

2.50 on North River Dr. Chris...I thought the price was lower because of the economy. I was surprised.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Good to know Scott, but I haven't scrapped anything in years, I throw it into 50gal drums at the shop and some guy picks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.