EMT Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Is this EMT run adequately supported, please reference code section?

DSC00976.jpg

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I can tell you it's not because that's MY photo, and I never claimed it was properly supported.

I only see 1 piece that could have been properly strapped.
The rest of it would be a major pain, if even possible to strap.
"If" I were the inspector I would have asked for the verticle to be strapped and moved to the next room.

480sparky

I only see 1 piece that could have been properly strapped.
The rest of it would be a major pain, if even possible to strap.
"If" I were the inspector I would have asked for the verticle to be strapped and moved to the next room.

It was all strapped. And the entire job took about 10 minutes to do. Not just what was in this photo... the entire job.

Erico & Caddy make straps just for this installation.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
It was all strapped. And the entire job took about 10 minutes to do. Not just what was in this photo... the entire job.

Erico & Caddy make straps just for this installation.

Really?
The company that I work for everything we run is exposed and surface mounted so I've never had to worry about support in walls. So I've never looked into it. Makes sense that Caddy would make such animals though! :)

depends on where you are working. if opening up the walls causes other issues (asbestos for example) then surface work is completely acceptable. but generally most people aren't going to have a problem with opening up a wall.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Is this EMT run adequately supported, please reference code section?
358.30.. which uses both the terms securely fastened and supported. For the most part, EMT must be securely fastened. It is only horizontal runs which are permitted to be supported by framing members. I always wonder about this one... what about runs which are only partially horizontal???:confused:;)

donaldelectrician

Close the wall quick

Close the wall quick

I have done Macmans way before....but try this

I always found that using a piece of 1/2 " stick / slotted at framing / tie wire/ stud punch two holes/ ....can get all pipes for two boxes covered....tie wire

Time ...2 minutes to do ....10 minutes to admire

by the way....use double wire,fold again/double wrap/one tie in front...so each pipe has a double cinch ,one tie

Don "Outstanding Citizen of the Conch Republic"

Status
Not open for further replies.