Smokin fan remote receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I had never even heard of that brand until you posted it,

I have never installed Fanimation fans but they have some pretty wild ones. I have seen them installed in an old farm house where they had a motor in an attic with pulleys & fan belts that came out the walls to turn the fans.

ry%3D480

millelec

I've seen high resistance connections when fan has the wiring assembly jack/clip from receiver & line power to the lights and fan motor. as a side note, had a ceiling fan in my bedroom w/reversible motor and remote burn out after only installed one year. replaced it w/similar model, walked into bedroom later that day to find my 7 yo hitting the reversing button on remote at regular intervals.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I spoke to Fanimation tech support yesterday and was told the remote kit is a brand new product. He is sending me two of an older model.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe they're refurbished units, and the old smoke was replaced with new smoke. ;)

Yeah, right.

I have a very reliable source that says the smoke used in refurbishing components is not new smoke, but old smoke salvaged from used components. He also told me that they aren't real concerned about the type of smoke salvaged. You may get a diode refurbished with transistor smoke or vice versa, or a mix as the salvaged smoke is often all stored in the same vessel.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Can the sparks be recycled and installed in refurbished units? My guess is that the sparks would have to be new, despite the type of smoke used.

Status
Not open for further replies.