Splitting the pump load on a rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a 40 amp 230/115 vac meter panel to split the load to the well pump from the rest of a rental house on it's 100 amp O.H. service. Both panels are now fed with a hot gutter. The conductors to the pump run in conduit from the new service disconnect to an 886RT can mounted below, then under the house and out the back, underground to the pump. Some of the conductors from the existing combination meter panel also run in conduit to the same enclosure, then under the house and on to various household loads. The job has been inspected and connected. Now a question has arisen about the propriety of the conductors from different service disconnects entering the same enclosure. Frankly I was more concerned about the conductors running under the house, but I couldn't find any directly related issues in the code book.
I'm still researching, but I think some of you might know. Thanks for checking this out. Mike.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Since there is OCP ahead of the condcutors, they would be classified as branch circuits or feeders and can, by Code, occupy the same raceway.

Resolved

Resolved

Hi Augie,

Thank you for your reply. I drill water wells, work on pumps, and do electrical primarily related to pumps. I have a C-10 license (CA Elect. Contr.). After the job was completed a representative from another company went by to look at some other residential work. They brought up the issue. My main concern was straightening out a mistake I may have made. Now they say, after getting back to their office and checking, that everything is okay.

Regards, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.