temporary bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILLY101

OK, I am now bidding on a job that requires I provide temporary power and lighting for the entire project.
The terrazzo guy has a 480v 3ph thingy etc.
Along with all the other specified provisions I must price in the temporary based on the following spec.
The EC will be required to provide temporary power and lighting per the NEC, OSHA, local POCO and other applicable requirements. And also will be required to remove all temporary as the project progresses. No actually design provided.
It's bad enough that parts of the project are built OUT-OF-THE-CODE-BOOK but the temporary power is an orphan. How do I compete that?
OH yea. My accountant wants to know on which line item this cost belongs.

BILLY

kwired

Electron manager
You need to find out what is needed for temporary power. Could be as simple as a 15 or 20 amp 120 volt receptacle or hundreds or thousands of amps at any voltage and phase.

cadpoint

If you need a 480 so be it? most of those dudes guys have a 240 3wire w/ground floor grinder! These guys usually understanding and have very long and heavy cords(welding cords)(they know the drill).

How high is the ceiling? If it is higher and one has ten foot tile ceiling and a plenum ceiling (+4 foot clear) you can go with one lamp per two office?s (approx 14 x 10). Now you can go with corkscrew fluorescents
(I think they were equal to 100 wattage equals) and increase the lamp count on a # 10 circuit. I?ve also seen one lamp between four offices, this size. Just make your runs better than the HVAC Trunks!

I?m probably wrong but I thought the requirement is 1 foot candle for construction.

cdslotz

Any ground-up commercial job will require TP from start to finish.
There is rarely, if ever a design. You might have a spec but it merely outlines what OSHA would require anyway.
We have some history on TP based on sq/ft and the type of building. Obviously an empty warehouse or shell building will require less than a fully finished out office or medical facility.
Our sq/ft numbers usually include the minimum for office trailers, construction power pedestals, general lighting, etc. Specific requirements would be for tower cranes, welding, personnel lifts, lift charging stations, etc, that need to be considered and added.
We come up with a price and quote that figure "below the line" as an ADD ALLOWANCE.
That way, it becomes a negotiable item separate from the base bid

Status
Not open for further replies.