No doubt a tough call back to the boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
This was a service call we went on last night, had to do some make safe so the rest of the pole lights could operate.

No idea how he nailed this in broad daylight.

2b35e513.jpg

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
How the heck did he snap the pillar off ? Was there Rebar in it ?

cowboyjwc

Staff member
And looked like he was moving at a pretty good clip too.

I have an F-350 and I backed into a car one day and put the drivers side door into the middle of the car and didn't even scratch my bumper.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I bet a cell phone was involved at the time of the collision. It's hard to see a light post when texting.

iwire

Staff member
The service tech that went out told me the base was sheered off at the pavement so I doubt this had re-bar. Not all site poles have rebar in them, it just depends on the job specs. If the base had rebar I think the damage to the truck and the driver would have been much worse. It sure looks like he was moving pretty fast for a large parking lot. The driver was fine.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
We had one foreman that would drop an 8' rebar cage into a 8' hole, so the part of the base above grade had no rebar in it. A truck backed into it and snapped it off right at ground level!
jxofaltrds and me are glad the truck in the picture was not a Toyota Tundra! :D (paperwork for us)

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
And in a parking lot no less!:mad:

I gotta say I do not much sympathy for the guy unless he has one hell of an excuse, which I doubt.

Like brake failure?

2006 Ford F-350 Recall ID from NHTSA: 06E087000
Auto Recall Date: 10/17/2006
Vehicle Component: SERVICE BRAKES, AIR
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 450
2006 FORD F-350 Defect Summary:
CERTAIN HARSCO WHEEL MODIFICATION GROUPS CONTAINING ACCURIDE STEEL RIMS, P/NOS. 203237 AND 203738; ACCURIDE ALUMINUM RIMS, P/N 203712; AND GKN STEEL RIMS, P/N 203688, SOLD AS MODIFICATION EQUIPMENT FOR CERTAIN 2005-2007 FORD F-250/F-350 4X4 PICKUP TRUCKS TO MODIFY TRACK WIDTH OF FRONT AND REAR AXLES. THE RIMS PROVIDED IN THESE WHEEL MODIFICATION GROUPS WEAR THROUGH THE OEM BRAKE LINES.
Defect Consequence:
BRAKE FAILURE CAN OCCUR, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
Remedy:
HARSCO WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND PROVIDE A REPAIR KIT ALONG WITH REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN IN SEPTEMBER 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HARSCO AT 507-235-7112.
Notes: HARSCO TRACK TECHNOLOGIES,

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2006/12-aut/ford/f-350/recalls/index.html

Bryan Price

I had a painter, who had been driveing around the 'pole base' for months, plow into one ...the day after we set the pole on it.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I don't see an air bag hanging there, maybe its below the line of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.