comb arc 15a

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

installed 1 yr ago in new home today starts tripin when curl iorn plug in for 5 or 10 min is in mast bed rm alone no smokes or door bell on cir just recpt and fan light/kit unplug ever yhing but curl iorn and still does it plug iron in other bed rm cafci and wrks fine ?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I agree with Ken - using full sentences is a plus.

I'd swap the AFCI with another, since it seems to work on the other AFCI.
George I wonder if it is worth mentioning in the registration process or rules about writing post in text message style. I realize that is not what the OP has done but we see more of it today.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
My Droid won't even let me abbreviate when I want to. Puts words in I had no intention of using.
Oh the metaphor! "Droid puts words in my mouth" :grin:

And, for TCB, I agree that it sounds like the curling iron is the source of the problem.

Too bad trial and error is the only real way to test it. Testing the branch circuit to determine a negative ("nothing wrong") seems like a large waste of effort.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
My Droid won't even let me abbreviate when I want to. Puts words in I had no intention of using.
The iPhone is kinda the same way. A quick way of defeating it for me is typing a 'z' at the end of the odd word, and then deleting it. The suggestion goes away at the deletion, I hit the space bar and keep going. Fiddle with it, I bet you'll see a way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.