• Yes

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 84.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Do wall spaces behind appliances (fridge, range, DW, etc.) in a dwelling-unit kitchen require a 120v 15- or 20a receptacle per 210-52(A)(2)(1)?

jusme123

Occupation
JW
Do wall spaces behind appliances (fridge, range, DW, etc.) in a dwelling-unit kitchen require a 120v 15- or 20a receptacle per 210-52(A)(2)(1)?

...are you trying to apply a 'general provision' to an entire section? If so, keep reading sec 210.52. Look at fig 210.52(C)(1)

jusme123

Occupation
JW

...you say your talking about 'wall space,' than I think you need to explain the exact situation your questioning! Who puts a dishwasher in an 'open wall space' (no counter to left or right, just walls:-?)

480sparky

...you say your talking about 'wall space,' than I think you need to explain the exact situation your questioning! Who puts a dishwasher in an 'open wall space' (no counter to left or right, just walls:-?)

OK; the exact situation is:

You're having your final done. The appliances are two weeks out, and not part of you contract. There's an opening between the cabinets for the DW, but it's not installed. Can the inspector require a receptacle there because it's a 24" wall space?

And I will ask again, in vain hopes that someone will answer:

WHAT DO COUNTERTOPS HAVE TO DO WITH CONSIDERING IT A WALL SPACE REQUIRING A RECEPTACLE?

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
OK; the exact situation is:

You're having your final done. The appliances are two weeks out, and not part of you contract. There's an opening between the cabinets for the DW, but it's not installed. Can the inspector require a receptacle there because it's a 24" wall space?

And I will ask again, in vain hopes that someone will answer:

WHAT DO COUNTERTOPS HAVE TO DO WITH CONSIDERING IT A WALL SPACE REQUIRING A RECEPTACLE?

NO. Yes you WOULD pass.
It is not wall space.

hurk27

480 << can't capitalize the 4 it =$:roll:

never mind misread again

I did have an inspector once try to apply 210.52(A)(1) once to these spaces but all I got to say it was a bad beat with the state on my side.:grin:

Last edited:

480sparky

OK, let's try this:

Does this 24" space require a receptacle?:

24inch1.jpg

What about this one?:

24inch2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.