Need grounding photo for presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Mulloy

Hello Mike and all,

I hope you are well and business is good.

Mike, I need a photo for a presentation I am doing and can’t find what I need in my own inventory. Would you have a photo or an illustration I could use, of an old water service where the ground wire is encased in a metal pipe, where the GNC is grounded to the water service but the end of the metal pipe is not bonded to the water service?

Thanks,

Bob Mulloy, Chairman
ASHI-NE Chapter Education Committee
Consultant, Educator, Speaker
Allsafe Home Inspection Service, Inc.
The Finest Compliment I Can Receive Is The Referral Of A Friend, Family Member Or Co-Worker!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Hello Mike and all,

I hope you are well and business is good.

Mike, I need a photo for a presentation I am doing and can?t find what I need in my own inventory. Would you have a photo or an illustration I could use, of an old water service where the ground wire is encased in a metal pipe, where the GNC is grounded to the water service but the end of the metal pipe is not bonded to the water service?

Thanks,

Bob Mulloy, Chairman
ASHI-NE Chapter Education Committee
Consultant, Educator, Speaker
Allsafe Home Inspection Service, Inc.
The Finest Compliment I Can Receive Is The Referral Of A Friend, Family Member Or Co-Worker!!

Are you asking about 'jumping' the meter?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Mike does not generally visit this site. If you want to contact him I would go to mikeholt.com and click on contact us. Most of Mike's stuff is graphics.

Maybe someone like Pierre may have something like that. Lets see if he chimes in.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I think this is close to what you want but in a photo without bonding.

1100205275_2.jpg

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Dennis
I do not think that is what he wants.

Bob
If you need one of Mike's graphics make sure to go to the permission part of his website first.
Do not copy the picture (one of his) from a post.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Dennis
I do not think that is what he wants.

Bob
If you need one of Mike's graphics make sure to go to the permission part of his website first.
Do not copy the picture (one of his) from a post.

I agree he wants a photo and he wants it where it connects to the water pipe. The concept is the same where the GEC is run in conduit and both ends bonded. He wants it where it is not bonded as it should be.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don''t think this is what the OP wants but it does show a water pipe bond connection.

plasticbonding.JPG

:grin:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.