Vulcan Hart ET 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK NAPIER

If the IMC is enforced in your local this would apply.

917.3 Domestic appliances. Cooking appliances installed within dwelling units and within areas where domestic cooking operations occur shall be listed and labeled as household-type appliances for domestic use

Also 110.3(B) of the NEC so if it a commercial unit it can't be used in a home.

charlie k.

If this is a commercial unit in a residence, you need to warn her that commercial units do not have the insulation on the sides of the unit and it could start a fire if installed without the correct clearances around the unit. Most of them require a minimum of six inches all the way around them. Residential units are insulated and don't get to the same BTU ratings as commercial units.

Vulcan used to be a customer of mine 15 years ago. I asked them where the residential models were made and I was informed they did not make a unit for residential. There products were not listed or approved for dwellings.

Charlie

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
If the IMC is enforced in your local this would apply.

917.3 Domestic appliances. Cooking appliances installed within dwelling units and within areas where domestic cooking operations occur shall be listed and labeled as household-type appliances for domestic use

Also 110.3(B) of the NEC so if it a commercial unit it can't be used in a home.

Sounds like the installation has more then a few code issues.
How many burritos do you want to bet the home owner won't care that it is not listed or allowed in a residence?

Put that thing up for sale...it may be worth more than you think in the commercial/industrial world...it's probably all stainless steel.
It may fetch enough to get her what she needs and solve all the issues as some of that stuff goes for large dough :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.