mc cable connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyrice

I am mounting MH 100WATT wallpacks 8" UNDER A VYNYL SOFFIT WHICH extends 24" away from building.If I'm correct,this would not be considered a wet location.I plan to feed the fixtures with mc cable into the top of the wallpack.being this is not really a wet location,will it be ok to use a saddle type mc connector as we use to connect to a box in the interior of a building?

WheresMyWiggy

Look up the definitions of 'locations damp' and 'locations dry' in article 100.

Exactly this.

Locations, damp: "Examples of such locations include partially protected locations under canopies,.."

You can't use it. I would suggest liquid tight(ENT)

jeremysterling

8" of exposed MC on an exterior wall? Sure, make sure its PVC jacketed MC and use those high dollar TMC fittings.

As Jim says, you defeat the purpose of the gasketed wallpack when you put a standard MC fitting in the top.

renosteinke

We've all been down this road before ... we think to ourselves 'it will never get wet here, what's the difference?' Well, the answer -at least in this case- goes a bit beyond the NEC.

Simply put, I am weary of opening boxes and fixtures that are under canopies, or otherwise protected from the weather, and then having to fight off the nesting wasps, wrestle the PO'd spiders, and clear out the other assorted crud that climbs in the smallest openings.

Status
Not open for further replies.