LFMC Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteiner

Does anyone have any pictures showing the installation of LFMC (or any flexible cable/conduit for that matter) mounted neatly to kindorf strut? I'm trying to convince an owner that this install can be done in a "neat and workmanlike manner," and a picture might be able to convince him.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Why not make up a sample for him? It would give you both a realistic basis for a good decision.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
My pics of LFMC installed in a "neat and workmanlike manner," are in the file with my pics of the easter bunny and big-foot. :)

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I can't imagine that, if you are installing very much, that the use of the LFMC would be a cost effective installation. You need a lot more supports than if you are using a metallic non-flexible conduit. Even with the code required supports, it will sag between supports and will not look a good as "real" conduit. While the code permits this application, I say save the LFMC for the final connection to the equipment or places where you need the flexibility.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I think I remember seeing Iwire? post some pics a couple years ago of a job using MC cable on strut that he did for a parking garage. I'll see if I can find them....:confused:

wireguru

what diameter LFMC? Horzontal or vertical run? If horizontal, which direction is the opening in the strut facing? Is stuff mounted to the strut opening or is it supporting the LFMC only? Can you just get the covers and use the strut as the raceway?

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
what diameter LFMC? Horzontal or vertical run? If horizontal, which direction is the opening in the strut facing? Is stuff mounted to the strut opening or is it supporting the LFMC only? Can you just get the covers and use the strut as the raceway?

Also how far apart is the unistrut? To make it "look good" with smaller diameters that strut will need to be about 2' apart. Otherwise you will get waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.