Cable and phone products

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram11379

My current supply house is pretty limited on phone, data, and cable products. I was wondering if any of you have any online sites they wanted to share. I am looking at this time for a 6 way coaxial splitter and a 110 phone block. The only phone blocks I can find locally are 24 or 50 spots. I am looking for a 110 block that will fit between 6 - 12 phone lines. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

ram11379

Thanks Infinity they did have the splitter I was looking for. Unfortunatly not the phone block though.

I am seriously thinking of going back to just twisting the phone lines back together. Is there not a simple block that has one input for line and several outputs for the phone runs?

What does everyone else do for phone in here?

It is rather obvious that this forum is used mostly by elctrcicians, And that is O.K. but when you have Phone and data and coax issues Electrcians, I am speaking in General now, are not that good at it. I Do clean up after work is done all the time and a 110 blocks are not generally a good idea to use on voice work. The reason is you can't use a but set to check for troubles. A 66 block with all pairs punched down is important. Twisting runs together and using a wire nut is the worst thing you can do. Also Make sure you know the color code don't make up your own. Re wiring all the jacks in the house gets old.

As far as coax goes a good brand of splitter is generally available through proffesional distributers some of which are mentioned here but a cheap one, especially in a 6 way is just that cheap.

I favor Krone over all other punch down blocks, but, they are more expensive than 66s (unless you buy them on ebay, where they're cheaper)!

Krone Series 2 has all the advantages of 66 and 110, in my opinion, with none of the drawbacks.

Mike Sandman offers the smaller 66 blocks that are typically hard-to-find:

http://www.sandman.com/

esobocinski

26T: I completely disagree with you about 66 blocks. They're as obsolete as Cat 3, and you're doing your clients a disservice if you install them. The only reason to ever install a 66 block today is as a repair replacement. Use Cat 5e into a 110 block (or Krone per Jerry, or even BIX), even if it's "just voice". Something digital this way comes, and it'll eventually replace the POTS over those lines you're installing. (For residential I have no objection to direct-crimping solid-wire RJ jacks onto Cat5e house wiring for use with structured wiring jack fields). It's a lame excuse to hang onto the old technology just because your preferred test gear is easier to use with it. Get some 110-block test jacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.