2 Questions in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton

I got a call the other day from an old customer. I have done a couple of jobs for them in the past. Most recently I installed 3 in 1 heater in their bathroom. They hired someone to renovate their home, and reinsulated their attic (spray insulation). Well the heater that I installed worked a few weeks until it became full of insulation. The GC they hired to do the renovation has a 3 in 1 electrician (they hang sheet rock and paint too). They got to meddling in the panel and couldn't fix the problem that they caused. The two problems that they couldn't fix, heater, and some wiring in their shed, are things that I have done for them in the past (months have pass-no problems with my work) now they call me to fix the problem. I don't have problem fixing it, and I want to maintain a good rep, but calling me after your trusted GC's help can't fix what they messed up doesn't rub me the right way. How would you guys handle this? It is only one question, changed my mind.

walkerj

Has the warranty expired?

I would give them a quick visit just to put my eyes on it then go from there.

I would let them know you will charge them for fixing your damaged work.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Give a fair price (for both of you) to do and/or re-do their work.

Suggest they (not you) seek partial reimbursement from the GC.

Heed your own signature.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
If they sprayed foam on the heater and it failed then I would make it clear to the HO that the unit is not designed for this install. I would definitely charge for that. In terms of the shed that would depend on what is wrong- my install or something they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.