Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I changed the date display format which should be shorter now.
Currently shows time completely at about 1130 pixels wide (inside of browser frame). Not too bad... except for those having screens at 1024 or less pixels wide.

Also noticed when I reduce width to about 900 pixels (e.g. search result pages), forum banners(?) start appearing...

MHcodeforumcapture1-1.jpg

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Also noticed when I reduce width to about 900 pixels (e.g. search result pages), forum banners(?) start appearing...
And I notice that when I set my screen resolution to 680x480, I can read my laptop screen from across the room, but boy howdy does the forum start to look weird! :D

tkb

Currently shows time completely at about 1130 pixels wide (inside of browser frame). Not too bad... except for those having screens at 1024 or less pixels wide.

MHcodeforumcapture1-1.jpg

The "started by" information clutters up the search page and makes it harder to read for us older guys.
Can that information be shortend to be just the starters name, like it used to be?
Or increase the font size on the thread title.

webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Occupation
System Admin
The "started by" information clutters up the search page and makes it harder to read for us older guys.
Can that information be shortend to be just the starters name, like it used to be?
Or increase the font size on the thread title.

I increased the font size slightly. The 'Started by ...' with the started on date is necessary for new comers and those getting here from from search engines. It tells them how old the thread is.

We're sure there are some things you regular guys can definitely do without but you'll have to compromise a bit for the not so regulars.

gar

Occupation
EE
110104-1412 EST

webmaster:

There is no need, even for newcomers, to have "Started by" on every thread. The heading of the column provides this information. At least it could be shortened to "by". Obviously the name is needed. Date and Time are important because these are unique to the thread.

Also as in my much earlier post I also suggested getting rid of the redundant words "Threads" and "Posts" in every entry and instead use the column heading to provided this information. In every instance it is obvious which number is posts and which is threads.

The same comment applies to "Replies" and "Views". A column heading is sufficient.

And thank you for the simplified date code. That is a big improvement.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Mike Parks made me aware that the attachments are not working properly. Here is what I discovered. If you hit the attachment icon
attach.png
, then select the image you want. attach it to the post it will only show up as a link to the picture. However if you select 2 attachments to choose from in the attachment manager and only select one then the image will displays -- at least in the preview. Lets see what happen. In this picture I have only attached one image of dancers and have no other attachment to select in the attachment manager.
View attachment 5308

hurk27

The other thing not working the same as in the old forum is the URL link button, before it would insert the URL to your post leaving the area highlighted for you to add a description of the URL, it don't do this anymore.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.