Free Code Copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslater

I've recently been aware of the court decision that building codes have to be publicly available. So, for example - the California Building codes are all available for free viewing via a link on the Building Standards Commission website.

However, while the general building code, fire code etc are available through an ICC site, and the Mech. and Plumbing codes through IAPMO, I am not seeing the electrical code anywhere.

Does anyone know why it is not also made available there?

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
I've recently been aware of the court decision that building codes have to be publicly available. So, for example - the California Building codes are all available for free viewing via a link on the Building Standards Commission website.

However, while the general building code, fire code etc are available through an ICC site, and the Mech. and Plumbing codes through IAPMO, I am not seeing the electrical code anywhere.

Does anyone know why it is not also made available there?

California uses the "UMC" & "UPC" as their codes for pluming and mechinical codes. The web site you can find them on is, the Ca. state web sight, or you can search around this sight, http://www.archive.org/details/gov.ca.bsc.title24.2010.part03

Status
Not open for further replies.