Chain link and Fence Post Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a project that is approx 120 wide by 60 feet on both sides.
Over the years we have used minerlac straps to support conduits on fence post.
Is their a proper way to run conduit along a chain link fence?
I will be setting several 110volt GFI outlets and some 240 volt welding outlets.

Thank You in advance

hurk27

All though I have seen installs like what your posting and I havent found anything in the NEC that prohibits it, I have seen where the minerlac straps will slip and allow the box and conduit to move around the post or top rail, and seen conduit pull apart where conduit is supported like this along the top rail, but I don't know of another way to do this unless you can use unistrut but then you will have the same problem with unistrut, maybe just use more minerlac straps? or maybe U bolts with some kind of bracket? might be a good item for Arlington to come up with.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
They make a mini strap that attaches to the fence. It's been a long time since I've used one. I'm sure one of the other guys on here could post a pic.

220/221

I used to do this all the time on tennis courts back in the 80's.

Mineralac stand off straps self tapped to the fence rails and posts for conduit, boxes screwed to the posts.

Thank You

Thank You

I couldnt find anything on fence and post.In the old days we used rigid conduit for protection.Now everyone wants the cost cut.So I will use a combo of strut and minerlac straps.
Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.