overhead crane disconnects for multiple cranes

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeasibe

if someone could help i would appreciate it. I have 2 cranes on the same runway, runway is roughly 700 ft. There is one disconnect at the beginning and there is an isolation point about 2/3 of the way down with another disconnect that shuts off the hotrail on one side of the isolation point off. My question is, Does this runway hotrail need 3 disconnects on the hotrail system???? And can someone tell me where can i find this information at? thanks

renosteinke

I can't see why; from a code standpoint, I believe that the rails could be continuous and have only one disconnect. In this respect, I'm treating the rails as if they were busduct, serving several machines.

If your workplace is anything like mine, the cranes are of different sizes and serve different machinery. The common rail may be a convenience, or your operation may require a certain amount of overlap between the cranes.

memyselfandI

We have a common rail system in our plant and there is only one disconnect for the rail. Each crane has a controller with a means of disconnect for service. They are also equipped with proximity alarms to go off when the cranes get to within 20 feet of each other. I cannot see the benefit of multiple means of disconnect for the rail except to service the rail and keep the other sections operational for production.

Status
Not open for further replies.