passed Texas j-man test

Status
Not open for further replies.

txjrnymn

I just passed my j-man test here in Texas. I wanted to thank every body on the forum for thier help. I never posted any questions but I learned alot from other peoples questions and the posts related to those questions. thanks for the help.

Taking my journeyman exam this february

Taking my journeyman exam this february

I have been studying the NEC BOOK but can anyone help me what to focus on and what I need when taking my journeyman exam

Ibarra

Ibarra

i'm takin the journeyman exam thin coming month. I'v been studying the NEC BOOK but its hard to remeber all ( formulas) specially if I dont practice it if you would be kind enough to help me what to focus on I would relly appreciate it

Finite10

mike Holt's exam prep books are a good idea

mike Holt's exam prep books are a good idea

I used Mike Holt's and Craftsman has a book with a CD Rom that's pretty good. The NEC Handbook helps but I couldn't afford a new one - so I used the older one for deeper understanding but checked the NEC 2008 against it.

I just need the calcs section of the master's test now, so not sure about the JW test.
JATC has great books -if you have access to that apprenticeship program material.

For the test, be sure to have Tom Henry's Key Word Index if it's an open book exam. I brought my Ugly's too - the Ohm's law chart on the cover saved a lot of time.

Finite10

I couldn't bring in a calculator of any kind, no blank paper or eraser, no cell phone too.
Any copyrighted, published, and bound book, with no notes in it, just highlighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.