Spot the Violaions Jan 20 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Todays' job: Panel swap and clean up some misc. code violations. Here's one:

Outside recep, with a cord plugged in.

DSC_5754.jpg

Notice how the cord wanders & meanders around where people walk.

DSC_5755.jpg

Let's follow it, and see where it goes................

DSC_5756.jpg

Oooh! Not good! Through 2 doors and into the house:

DSC_5757.jpg

Down the stairs....... (I'm sure this ain't very safe, energized or not!):

DSC_5758.jpg

...and across the basement floor..........

DSC_5759.jpg

.............where there's another cord plugged in to it.

DSC_5761.jpg

480sparky

Wait a minute! Is that a DRYER cord?

DSC_5762.jpg

By cracky, it sure is!

DSC_5763.jpg

Good, old-fashioned 3-wire dryer recep.

DSC_5764.jpg

Nice box!

DSC_5765.jpg

Needless to say, this got fixed. And the dryer is sure to work better on 240volts than 120!

raider1

Staff member
There is no handrail on the stairs leading to the basement.;):)

Also the winder configuration of the stairs is too tight and does not have the required 6" minimum tread depth at the shortest point.

Chris

jumper

DSC_5759.jpg

Is that dark spot at the bottom a sump pump hole?

SECTION P3007 SUMPS AND EJECTORS

P3007.1 Building subdrains. Building subdrains that cannot be discharged to the sewer by gravity flow shall be discharged into a tightly covered and vented sump from which the liquid shall be lifted and discharged into the building gravity drainage system by automatic pumping equipment or other approved method.

stew

I suppose the indoor j box outdoors is just fine as well as no in use cover ,cord as a permanent wirng method,no bush at the last box and box just laying on the floor. Those seem perfectly reasonable probably to the guy that consumed all that alcoholic product eh? Outdoor conduit also looks like water pipe instead of sched 40. Thats the outdoor ones with no straps .

paul

It's obvious that this was installed to melt the snow. That's why it's in the walkway! Anyone can see that! Now why they would heat the beer with it, I can't tell you. They should be punished for that. The beer should be outside so that it's nice and frosty cold.

PetrosA

It's obvious that this was installed to melt the snow. That's why it's in the walkway! Anyone can see that! Now why they would heat the beer with it, I can't tell you. They should be punished for that. The beer should be outside so that it's nice and frosty cold.

It's not to heat the beer. See all the curlicues in the wire? That's from wrapping it around the cans. Anyone with a basic understanding of thermodynamics knows that Bud Light is best cooled by wicking the warmth away to the outdoors in sub-freezing temperature using copper conductors. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.