Material logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

I'm getting more and more frustrated with trying to locate material for jobs, it seems today that more and more suppliers are not stocking things, and manufactures are not making many items.

Like this Metal Halide lantern type post light head, while only a few years old, for the life of me I can not find a supplier.

Does anyone know who might be making these?
they are a 100 watt PS-MH fixture with a 120 volt post-line ballast, mogal base lamp, the fixture is about 22" tall, and fits a standard 3" pole, I might just have to get my lazy legs up a ladder and take one more down just to see if it has a manufactures name on it, I have about 12 of these to replace along with about 5 12' poles that got mowed over by a drunk lady in a trailer park. Out of the three I did take down none had any labels on them.:mad:
Any help will be appreciated, thanks
MHPostlight.jpg

ceb58

got mowed over by a drunk lady in a trailer park.

Need to send her a six pack for the extra work:grin: NOT:cool:

On a related note though I have seen the supply houses carrying less stock myself. I know some are getting ready for inventory and are holding stock down but some are just not stocking the material they used to. They are trying to hold on to their money and not tie it up in stock regardless of causing us hold ups in jobs, headaches and extra trips.:mad:

hurk27

I don't see an exact match but check out Sternberg. You might be able to send them your picture to match.

I tried them through my local supply house, thanks.

I looked on the web site, but didn't find any PS-MH, allot of candelabra.
Also thanks

It's a stretch, but is there prints for the trailer park you could get a manufacturer's part # from?

Nope the trailer park was built back in the forties, but these post and lights was supplied by a contractor back about 2006, but left no info on them other then the lamp and ballast size.

Need to send her a six pack for the extra work:grin: NOT:cool:

On a related note though I have seen the supply houses carrying less stock myself. I know some are getting ready for inventory and are holding stock down but some are just not stocking the material they used to. They are trying to hold on to their money and not tie it up in stock regardless of causing us hold ups in jobs, headaches and extra trips.:mad:

You got that right, held up still on the t-5 strip lights I had to special order.:mad:

Thanks everyone, I was hoping maybe someone could identify this fixture, so I guess I be returning to the park to take a few more down, I know I will find the label in the last one I check:grin: but first got to deal with the big snow storm.:roll:

tryinghard

Maybe Wayne's gota drunk lady's costume that comes out now-&-then, the cold weather could be affecting more than meet the eye :roll:[hmm]

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Warehouses not stocking and having to special order is a viscious circle. They want to special order everthing it seems like. Yup, give me a week, 10 days we can have it here. + shipping of course. I order online for 30% less, get it in two days and the supplier wonders what happened to the order. If they had it in stock I would be way more inclined to pay the higher price. If I needed it in 10 days I would order it in 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.