tankless water heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

laketime

For the guys that have worked on a house with one do you need a receptacle for a gas tank less water heater? I have seen one and I seen to remember something needing power:confused::confused:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
All that I have wired are hardwired with disco.

MPWH1.jpg

ceb58

The ones I have done were a dedicated 15amp circ. I used a WP bubble cover on a surfaced mounted WP box with a SP switch. Car-flex from bottom of box to bottom of HWH. The only need for power is for the igniter on most.

laketime

The ones I have done were a dedicated 15amp circ. I used a WP bubble cover on a surfaced mounted WP box with a SP switch. Car-flex from bottom of box to bottom of HWH. The only need for power is for the igniter on most.

ok thanks, makes sense

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Some also have powered exhaust vents, but as others have posted, it usually only a 15 amp 120 volt circuit. Some are hardwired, others are cord and plug connected.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
How do they work with cafci breakers? Don,t they use a spark o matic?

That is a good question, I have not put one in since the full arc fault requirement, there is probably an exception. I have not done a house since that edition of code has taken affect, so I have not had to look it up. (At least in this country)

Status
Not open for further replies.