Electric Baseboard Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get some different opinions on installing electric baseboard heat in a apartment building with 4 apartments. two apartments are larger 770 square feet each. The other two apartments are smaller and only have about 477 square feet. My city inspector request 10watts per sq foot with electric baseboard heat. Each apartment is ran off a 100 amp Westinghouse 8 space Panel board. It says on the cover accepts breakers br,bo,bq,brwh,brsw and something that looks like gfcb which I'm not sure about. the two small apartments have 3 spaces left in the panel board. One of the two large apartments panel's is full and the other apartment has only two spaces left.
So with the small apartments i came up with 477 feet x 10 =4770
4770/240=19.875 amps x 1.25 (for heat)=24.84amps so one 30 amp cir for each of the small apartments installed entirely of 10# wire.
For the large apartments i came up with 40.10amp I assume that would they would take two 30 amp cir to run all the electric baseboard heat in each of the apartments. I'm having trouble with determining if i can install piggy back breakers in these panels to get out of doing a upgrade on the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.