Is their a perfect answer for the question "how much is it going to cost"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would switch the two sentences.
Done.

"There are too many important details of the job, not to mention the qualifications of the company and the individuals who perform the work. If you're going to choose the contractor you use to wire your home (not house) based on a number given to you over the phone, I'm honestly not interested in bidding on it."

Okay, I've thought about it, and I'm ready to answer. I'm sure I've used just about every response possible over the years. Some jobs can be guesstimated easier than others, but the real best answer is:

"If you're going to choose the contractor you use to wire your home (not house) based on a number given to you over the phone, I'm honestly not interested in bidding on it. There are too many important details of the job, not to mention the qualifications of the company and the individuals who perform the work."

Sumpin' like that.

I agree,

not sure how much work it will get me but it sounds so damn holsom:grin:

thanks again guys

btharmy

Make sure they know it is just an estimate, subject to change, not a quote. Some people don't know the difference between a ballpark figure and a quote. I had a guy ask me for a "ballpark figure" when speaking to him in person. He says "that doesn't sound too bad". When I show up to look at the job I informed him of problems and issues he was not aware of. He then tried to hold me to the original ballpark figure and couldn't understand why I would not honor it as some sort of signed contract. I hit the road.

Yes, that is the main issue at hand. Customers have very selective hearing when it comes to money. I think the bottom line is to not give any speculation of prices until you are 100% confident in the job and if you do not hear from them again then so be it. That would make for a very WHOLESOME business practice.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.